When you’re planning a move, there’s surely a lot going through your mind all at once. However, with the stress and panic of making sure nothing is missed or forgotten, things can get a little hectic. That’s why we want to make sure you don’t forget the basics.
- As you begin packing and unpacking things, if there’s anything you uncover that you didn’t even remember you had, get rid of it. Moving is a great time to purge your home of the useless junk you keep holding onto! Donate old clothes and unused possessions to charity and throw out the garbage.
- Make sure you keep track of your valuable items. Take important documents and valuable jewelry and other possessions with you to avoid heartache in the event they’re broken, lost, or stolen.
- Wrap fragile items with extra care (and extra bubble wrap) to make sure nothing is lost in the transfer.
- Get covering for floors and carpets when moving in and out to preserve the condition.
- Check the utilities and condition of your knew place to make sure everything is good to go from the start, don’t settle for anything less than your standards!
Have fun with the moving process! Too often, moving causes stress and aggravation. However, we like to think that moving can be an adventure. If you go in with a solid plan and have organization, things can not only go smoothly, but can even be a good time!